Self-Signing a Module

I’m trying to follow the directions on this page (docs.inductiveautomation.com:84 … le+Signing) but I don’t think I’m doing it the right way.

How do you use KeyStore Explorer to create the files I need to self-sign a module? Can anyone give me some step-by-step instruction?

I also ran into a “JNI error has occurred. Check your installation error” when I tried to run the Module Signer. I’m not sure it was due to the files I was trying to feed it or something else though.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

I figured it out so I’ll post the basic steps here for posterity:

[ul]1. In KeyStore Explorer, generate a new Key Pair.
2. Right-click on the new Key Pair, select Export->Export Certificate Chain. Select the “Entire Chain” option and pick PKCS #7 to get the p7b file.
3. Run the command given on the documentation page for the module-signer. I used Windows PowerShell and had to put quotes around the variable values (alias, chain, etc).[/ul]

I hope this’ll help someone else!

2 Likes

I’m at my wits end with the module signer and I’m sure it is something simple.
No matter what I do I constantly get “keystore was tampered with or password is incorrect”.
I have created keystores, recreated them, added key-pairs, exported, imported, put quotes around every parameter, taken them off. I’m considering sacrificing a chicken, sprinkling its blood on the keyboard and bowing towards Folsom next.
Any suggestions (to save the life of a chicken?)

See first few entries in the post

You have run the module-signer tool with proper command after you have generated and exported the keys with KeyStore Explorer tool.

1 Like

The chicken blood fixed it!

Actually I found a typo.

1 Like