Sending automatically emails

Hi,

I am looking for a way to send reports (pdf or html) attached in a email, that runs automatically at certain time. In fact, I can send reports when I push a button, but I want to send it without user intervention, for example when a tag changes.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks! :thumb_left:

[quote=“jruben84”]Hi,

I am looking for a way to send reports (pdf or html) attached in a email, that runs automatically at certain time. In fact, I can send reports when I push a button, but I want to send it without user intervention, for example when a tag changes.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks! :thumb_left:[/quote]

The reporting module in V7.8.2 can do this.

Thank you very much! We are thinking about update to 7.8.2, but we need do some administrative things :confused: , and update our computers because we need more RAM. Meanwhile, we need to keep with 7.7.6.

Thank you! :thumb_right:

using the reporting module… the only way is to keep a client running on the gateway computer. if you search the forums there are many posts on how to get started.

If it is straight html you could also build the report in a script and use the gateway scripts provided you can write html and are familair enough with python.

Thank you very much! I will do it!

[quote]using the reporting module… the only way is to keep a client running on the gateway computer. if you search the forums there are many posts on how to get started. [/quote]Just to clarify, the reporting module only needs a client running (not necessarily on the Gateway computer) in 7.7 and earlier. This is no longer true in 7.8.

Thank you Kathy!

Regards!