Short Month name issue when using embedded JRE

Haven’t been able to find much on this one but does anyone know how to add the “COMPAT” option to the embedded JRE client start-up? We utilise calendar dates typically formatted as dd-MMM-yyyy but we are seeing the month names come through with a “.” at the end of any abbreviated month names. I am aware this is part of the JRE9 interface just want to know how to not use the Locale.

The JVM argument you’re looking for is something like -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT,JRE,CLDR (not sure about the order).

There should be an options or settings menu somewhere in the launcher with a “JVM Arguments” section you would add this to.

Hi Kevin, that syntax looks like the options I found on the internet (except COMPAT, just needs to be before CLDR). WHat I have not been able to locate is anything to do with “JVM arguments” Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places but I’ve checked the Client launcher and the Gateway web interface. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that option?

With a launcher for v7.9, I just add jvm-args="…" to the command line in the shortcut.

Hmm, I guess in the 7.9 launchers you either have to do what Phil suggests or add it to the launch XML file.

Search “Custom Launch Settings” here: Native Client Launchers - Ignition User Manual 7.9 - Ignition Documentation

Thanks heaps guys - that did the trick!