Shown An update in progress

Hi
When I draw a new graph, How i can shown a “update in progress” ??

I use Factory PMI with a loww bandwtih connection and the graph can take more a minute to draw the curve.

Hi,

The Easy Chart component has a built-in progress indicator. Make sure the ‘Show Loading’ property is checked and an animated indicator will be shown at the bottom right of the graph while data is loading.

AlThePal’s answer is correct. If you happen to be using the Classic Chart, however, the following will help:

Components such as the Chart and Table who are likley to have data bindings that take a while to run (pulling in large datasets over slow connections) have a read-only bindable property called “Properties Loading”. This is an integer that represents the number of properties that are currently loading. So, while a classic chart is loading data, the number will go from zero to one. You can bind things to this property.

The easiest thing is to drop a Progress Bar component on the screen and set its “Indeterminate” property, which will make it animate nicely. Then simply bind its “Visibility” property to the chart’s “Properties Loading” proprty, and presto - you have a loading indicator.

Hope this helps,

Probably not a significant factor compared to your slow connection, but…

Do you have the t_stamp column indexed on your table? That doesn’t take up much storage space and will speed up the query on the server end.

How fast are you logging data and what kind of date ranges are you viewing?

[quote=“pnendel”]Hi
I use Factory PMI with a loww bandwtih connection and the graph can take more a minute to draw the curve.[/quote]

You can also change the mouse cursor with Jython. It’s not quite as simple as creating mouseover effects on objects, but it isn’t that bad. Read about it in Carl’s response here.