Siemens 1500 PLC

Folks,

I’m having trouble communicating with 1500 PLC.

I’ve set it up in the config as a 1200 and its showing connected but when assigning OPC Tag, the tag fails and shows as a config error.

Just to confirm tax examples are [demoplc]DB1,X0.0

Has anyone used a 1500 before with ignition ?

I have a exhibition in a few weeks and I have specified a 1500 plc, kp8 keypad and a IPPC using ignition. So I need this to work ASAP

Craig

I wasn’t aware of the existence of a 1500, so… it may not work :slight_smile:

You might need to use a 3rd-party OPC server like Kepware and then make an additional OPC-UA connection from Ignition to Kepware to get your tag data.

Feel free to attach your logs to this post or send them to support and I’ll take a look.

Is the 1500 modular or does it have a fixed rack/slot like the 1200?

It has only been released for a couple of weeks, if that.

Its strange how it shows as connected in the config, where as the 300 and 400 dont even when using the same IP address.

I can assign OPC tags in designer such as connected, port etc but when assigning a DB OPC tag it fails.

I will look into the kepware option… Fingers crossed.

What info is required from your part to set up a 1500 option in the config ?

Craig

[quote=“craigb”]It has only been released for a couple of weeks, if that.

Its strange how it shows as connected in the config, where as the 300 and 400 dont even when using the same IP address.

I can assign OPC tags in designer such as connected, port etc but when assigning a DB OPC tag it fails.

I will look into the kepware option… Fingers crossed.

What info is required from your part to set up a 1500 option in the config ?

Craig[/quote]

Before I can set up an option in the configuration I’ll need to actually have a 1500 here to test with and verify our driver even works with it.

Searching for “ReadRequest” and “ConnectRequest” loggers on the Levels tab of the Console, turning them to TRACE, and then edit/saving the device and letting it try to read might be helpful for me. If you get a chance to do that export the logs.bin.gz file afterwards and sent it in.

LogsLevelsThreadsMemoryExecutionAdvanced

Displaying 1 of 415 Loggers.
Logger Level
drivers.S71200Driver[demoplc].ConnectRequest TRACE

The above is all I can get for connect request. Read Request shows up nothing?

Dang, if ReadRequest doesn’t show up that means it’s not even happening :slight_smile:

Just the ConnectRequest will do then.

Does the driver stay connected or does it cycle connecting/connected?

Not sure what I just done but its working :slight_smile: using 1200 CPU

I started everything again from scratch, new device, new project and it now works.

I cant see it in the manual but I had to set the tag to have the “DB” part in capital letters, the rest can be small case eg [demoplc]DB1,x0.0
The x can be lower or higher case but if you make the DB lower case the tag fails.

I’m sure I had set the tag to be in upper case in the first place but Im happy its working now.

Readrequest now shows up in the list.

I’ve just realised what the problem was…

After playing around with the setup again, there is a option in the PLC to allow communication with the PLC and OPC servers… I’ll just find the url to how I found it…

I’m not sure if it differs on other set ups but I’m using a 1500 PLC and TIA v12

http://wiki.ibhsoftec.com/en/OPCServer:IBH_OPC_Server_with_Siemens_S7-1200_and_S7-1500_PLCs

:thumb_left:

Hey Kevin,

Let me try to baffle you… We have 2 identical infrared ovens running virtually the same program on the same series of processor, S7-1500 series 1511F-1, programmed with TIA Portal V14. Both of the programs have put/get enabled, full access checked and optimized block access disabled on the global DBs. Both PLCs show connected to the Gateway, yet I can only read from one of them. In the logs, I see the following message - which I assume is from the PLC that I can’t read from:
ReadRequest 03May2018 11:48:58 Error reading S7ReadResponse. Error code = 8104.

Any ideas on what else to look at? I have compared the PLC configurations, the block properties, etc and both programs appear to be identical… Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

Each PLC has a name in the gateway. Are you calling that name correctly in the designer including capitals etc.

That’s the only thing I can think of as if your seeing it in the gateway you have access to the PLC, albeit that doesn’t show your DB is allowing access but you turned off optimized.

In the designer, try calling a marker bit or something like that If you have any in the program. If you have the clock bits turned on in the PLC you could call that.

This issue has been resolved, evidently the programs did not compile correctly due to a driver issue - when that issue was resolved, the devices are now happy…

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Problem reading tags from Siemens S7-1500 PLC