Siemens S7 1212C AC/DC/RLY Ignition Reading Issue

Hello Everyone,

I am working with a Siemens S7 1212C AC/DC/RLY PLC trying to make a simple LED turn on with the Press of a button which is for a school project. I am trying to use a simple 2-Toggle On/Off Push Button which will turn on the LED and turn off the LED when pressed through Ignition. As you can see from the Images, there is my ladder logic for the LED and Push Button. It is not working properly as you can see the following pop up error occurs and Im not too familiar with Tia Portal and Ignition so Im not too sure where I went wrong. I made sure the OPC Item Path is going to the right Input/Output I believe, so if anyone can help me with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Error_tag

Hello Daniel,

If you're still encountering this error, I would suggest reaching out to our support department. That error message is typically due to the Communication being set to off or read_only. You may want to go into Project and verify that the radio button next to Comm Read/Write is selected. However, from your last screenshot, it appears to be set to Read/Write already. You may also want to try using a capital X in your OPC Item Path. Siemens - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation

HI Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for the feedback, I tried upper casing the 'X' but it is still yet to work, If I contact your support department what is the best way to receive help by phone call, web support, or community?

I saw you already created a support ticket, but how you create the ticket would depend on if you would rather receive support through an email or via a phone call and what your support contract dictates. I'll let the troubleshooting continue on the support ticket.