Siemens S7-200 --> Ignition 😎

Just for fun, I tried to connect to S7-224 with siemens s7-300 driver in Ignition 7.9 over the IBHSoftec IBH Link S7++.
And it worked! :sunglasses:
I can read and write to DB, M(B,W,D), I(B,W,D), and Q(B,W,D) tags, which I created in Ignition with syntax from S7-300.
I can not read and write to SMs, because there is no syntax in the Ignition Siemens driver for SM (system merker).

6 Likes

Hi zxcslo, can you help me? I have that problem how to connect the s7-224 in ignition,do you have a diagram of the connections using IBHSoftec IBH Link S7++ that you can shared whit me?

Thank you!!!

No, I have no diagram… it was just a test.
But it shouldn’t be difficult.
You must set the right IP and MPI/PPI address on the IBH Link (read the IBH Link manual).

working with this chinese adapter too. Alternatively, it has a modbus tcp connection that allows access to all variables.

Hi zxcslo,

Do you know if possible to stablish the connection with S7-314 using the same IBH Link s7++? We are not able to do it with this configuration.

But we can access to the CPU through the IBH module(IP configured) with the PLC software. But the PLC looks like as disconnected on the Ignition devices status.

Thanks in advance

This is mine IBHLink config in use in production:

And this is device cfg in Ignition gateway:

And it works now for 6 years without any problems...

1 Like