Signature Pad - How to use it?

Hi, I'm just getting into using perspective and so far a lot of it's clicking slowly. Although, I am now trying to use a signature pad to copy an operators signature to another view. I grabbed some code from Corso Systems page on it, and it let me write an image one time. Now I cannot seem to copy over the image it created.

I don't mind if it makes an image every time, I just don't know how to delete a file from the webserver. If anyone has any insight on how to take a signature and turn it into a image file when the operator presses submit, that would be grand.

I'm running the latest version of Edge on Windows 11. If there is a different method to go about this, that would be fine too. I'm only trying to display it in another view, I do not wish to save the signature data at all. Thanks!

If anyone has any incite ...

I think you're looking for "insight" rather than incite (/ɪnˈsʌɪt/ verb encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behaviour)). :wink:

The event.signature property is a data URI. You can directly display data URIs in Image components. No file writing necessary.

As in, literally:
someReferenceToAnImageComponent.source = event.signature
Should work.

Even in a different view?

Within the same session, yes. Or use component messaging.