Silent installation of 8.1.25 on Windows vm using Ansible

Hello, I was hoping to get some insight from someone who may have had some experience installing ignition 8.1.25 using Ansible. I was able to run the installation file with the – unattended=none options successfully but when I’m trying to install via Ansible On WINDOWS vms it just hangs with no error messages or anything happening. If anyone has any experience with automating the install process via Ansible on Windows VMS I would love any input into it.

Hi, I am facing the same issue on Windows Vms I am trying to install 8.1.25 version. .do you have any solution for this.

If your issue is related to automating the provisioning of Database Connections on a gateway via Ansible, we're working to add the facilities that would enable such automation in our next major release, Ignition 8.3.

You can create a database connection within Ignition using script functions system.db.addDatasource.

EDIT: I now see that you've got another thread over here

No, I am just trying to install ignition-8.1.25-windows-64-installer.exe using below command

'C:\ignition\ignition-8.1.25-windows-64-installer.exe --mode unattended --prefix "C:\Program Files\Ignition" --unattendedmodeui none'

Which is perfectly working locally but when i pass through ansible it is not working, it just hangs with no error messages or anything happening.

Can you share a snippet of your Ansible task? If it is working locally, then it is likely something in your invocation on the Ansible side.

below is my full task.

- name: Create Ignition components folder
    win_file:
      path: 'c:\{{ item.name }}'
      state: directory
    loop: "{{ ignition_package_name }}"

- name: Copy all application into Ignition vms
    win_get_url:
      url: "{{ exe_proget_feed }}/{{ item.name }}.zip"
      dest: 'c:\{{ item.name }}'

- name: Unzip all Ignition components
    win_unzip:
      src: 'c:\{{ item.name }}\{{ item.name }}.zip'
      dest: 'c:\{{ item.name }}'
      delete_archive: yes

- name: Install Ignition
    win_psexec:
      command: 'C:\\ignition\\ignition.exe --mode unattended --prefix "C:\\Program Files\\Ignition" --unattendedmodeui none'

- name: Remove directory structure
    win_file:
      path: 'c:\{{ item.name }}'
      state: absent

below command also running for me locally but not working through ansible playbook.

• name: Install Ignition
    win_psexec:
    command: 'C:\ignition\ignition.exe --% "unattended=none" "location=C:\IgnitionInstall" "autoStart=true"'

Hi, did you get a chance to look