Simple button question?

Guys I have an AD-260 PLC setup via ethernet to Kepware V4.5. I have setup one tag (C0) to a toggle button and multistate indicator in Ignition window. I have dragged tag from OPC browser to SQLTags. I have dragged tags accross to screen to setup bindings with button and indicator.

When I force C0 in PLC the indicator changes state and toggle button colour changes state. All good so far.

When I put window into preview mode and try the button it changes state but does not change state of C0 in PLC and indicator does not come on. The binding for button Data Selected is the tag’s name (should it be with .Value?) Tried this but does not help. When I select Bidrectional check box and push button I get an error Error writing “true” to tag Silo1_Start null.
Maybe a simple solution but I am stumped if you could help.

Just to add the event info
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.systemconsole.LogViewer$SerializableLoggingEvent$ClonedThrowable: null
com.inductiveautomation.opccom.COMServerImpl.write(COMServerImpl.java:310)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.write(OPCManagerImpl.java:640)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl.write(OPCManagerImpl.java:403)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.processEvalContext(AbstractTagDriver.java:955)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.processEvalContext(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:150)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.writeToLocalTags(AbstractTagDriver.java:467)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.internalWriteValue(AbstractTagDriver.java:447)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.write(AbstractTagDriver.java:429)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.write(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:352)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycle$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.write(ProjectLifecycle.java:552)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.SQLTags$ClientWriteOperation.run(SQLTags.java:236)
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[/size]
thanks

hazey

Hi,

We’ve identified a problem with the OPC-COM tag write, and have fixed it for 7.0.2, which will be released shortly.

Regards,