Simple map window and scaling issues

Hi all,
Based on the draggable component code that was posted on this forum, I’ve created a simple map window. Basically I followed the idea from someone on this forum for a large draggable map (was Step7 in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3189&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a), and added a minimap to control the larger map as well. I’ve attached the window and the two images that I’ve been using to play around with. Note that image scaling is disabled to save startup time.

In the designer it works quite well and is fun to play with. However, when the window gets resized the scaling has a negative impact. Essentially, the mouse motions no longer correlate directly to image motions, and I’m not sure of a way around it. (You’ll probably have to play with it to see what I mean). For example, when we’re looking near the bottom of the large image and drag it down, we have to drag the mouse down a long ways before the image starts to move up. The issue gets amplified the further you are from the top left of the image.

I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for, since I can think of a few ways this problem could be solved, but I’m not familiar enough with FPMI to know what’s (im)possible and what’s efficient. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles

PS - I’ve just renamed the bigmap to .txt so that it is not shown in the forum… it is big.
bigmap-cropped.JPG.txt (375 KB)

map.fwin (68.1 KB)

I haven’t had a chance to paly with the window yet, but I’d guess that if you turn off relative scaling on the components (make their layout mode anchored to the top and the left of their parents) your strange behavior would stop.

Beauty! Relative and anchored layouts are something I hadn’t seen/played around with yet, but it is indeed exactly what the doctor ordered.

I’ve attached the new (working) window in case anyone can find a use for it.

Thanks for your prompt reply!
Charles
map.fwin (68.1 KB)