SLC OPC Timer Tags

Ack! :open_mouth:

When did the OPC-UA server stop enumerating timers? Luckily I’m only using one, and it’s not used that often, but I just came across this whilst working on something else, and had an “oh my” moment. Actually, you could put your own words there, and probably be accurate! :laughing:

So did it break somewhere, or is this normal and I’ll just have to remember it for when I go beyond one timer?

Bumpity-bumpity-bump.

Or being in the season: pa-rum-pa-pum-bump… :mrgreen:

Can you give more information? We do automated testing before releasing each version, but just to make sure I mocked it up here and it looks like it works fine.

What version of Ignition are you using?
What are the OPC Item Paths that you are having problems with?

Thank you,

Tom

Using v7.2.9.

Ok I need to amend this a bit. I fired this off while putting out other fires in the facility. This only seems to be happening on one SLC. Even more annoying than usual! :laughing:

When OPC browsing a SLC using the Ignition OPC-UA driver, there are no timers enumerated for this PLC .

Like I said, I don’t really access timers very often. In fact, it’s the only one I actually write an occasional value to-- like once or twice a year. It just caught me by surprise.

Restarting the gateway didn’t help.

We can back-burner this for the moment. When the Christmas shutdown occurs, I’ll delete and re-add the device and see if that does anything for us.

Unless you thing of anything before-hand, of course!

Thanks, Tom.

No problem. After you restart it, do a refresh browse. If it still doesn’t appear, set the ABSLCBrowseRequest to “Trace”, do a refresh browse, export the logs and send them into to support.

Also, which model of SLC?

Tom