SMPT Email Configuration for Government High Microsoft 365

I need to migrate my current email procedures to a new profile as our company has shifted from an on-premise Exchange server to the Government High Cloud.

This seems pretty standard and I am having no problems with other applications. Through Ignition I get a time out error every time I try to send SSL email.

I have tried port 465/587 and both SSL/TLS and STARTTLS

Config:

Result:

Are there any prerequisites that I could be missing or something obvious I am overlooking?

This is a straight up networking problem. Check that there isn't a firewall blocking your outbound traffic or something like that.

I suggest that you name your profile something more meaningful such as "DefaultSMTP".

On any Ignition-generated emails set the from address to something that will help find the culprit if there is a problem. e.g. scriptname.projectname@servername.companyname.com.
Use system and project variables to make up the from address so that it's automatically generated if you copy or move the script.

1 Like

I can have IT look at that but seems unlikely since I have several Intranet applications running with the same credentials and working fine. They are hosted on different servers though.

Well, after 2 days of Ignition timing out after I talked to IT it suddenly works and has so for about 16 hours now. While they said nothing was changed I doubt this is the case.

I use variables within my scripts to define to "From" address currently. I opted to create this profile to test with, all procedures use my current SMTP profile. Them I am done I will likely rename them both.