SMS Notification Block

When I create a Notification Block of type SMS in the Alarm Notification Pipelines, it has a property ‘From Number’, with a default value of ‘null (?)’. It doesn’t appear to let me change that, and when I attempt to send an alarm to that pipeline, it throws an error that no fromNumber is specified. What am I doing incorrectly?

I am currently stuck on the same thing. I feel like I’m missing something obvious…

Are you using a Twilio notification profile?

I am indeed.

Do you have a Twilio account configured and does that account have a phone number assigned to it?

Yes and yes. It’s a shared testing account so I am not the one who set it up, but I do see a number in the profile on the Twilio console.

Unrelated, but related to alarm annunciation, I’m also trying to get the system to speak French and have run into this when loading Suzanne:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2020/10/12 21:23:59 | E [g.ModuleManager ] [21:23:58]: Error starting module ia.voice.fr_suzanne module-name=TTS Voice - fr_suzanne
INFO | jvm 1 | 2020/10/12 21:23:59 | java.lang.RuntimeException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.modules.ModuleLoadException: Cannot find voice.txt

Hi @Kevin.Herron, I have found the issue and it is on the Twilio side. I don’t understand it - someone else made it work - and I still don’t see on the Twilio account console why it would have this issue but it will work now so I guess that’s a win.

I will open a support ticket with you guys on the problem with the French voice module.