SMTP Profile setting

Hi All,

I am trying to add the email notification for alarms and I have created a SMTP profile with private email server (not google or yahoo and so on). The problem is all settings like username and password are correct and I can send and receive emails from the email account that I have used for this profile but it does not work for alarm notification. When I use " test" on SMTP profile test I will get the below error:

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful

How can I deal with this issue?

Thank you for your help in advance.

You’ll have to look at the logs from the private server. You haven’t provided enough information. There’s probably some encryption vs. password handling constraint that javax.mail isn’t handling for you.

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the mail server and it is supported by others. What must I exactly want from them to do? I have added the email account to my outlook and it works correctly as a regular email and I have checked all settings with my profile but it does not relay the emails to the destination addresses.

Try configuring it in thunderbird or some other standards-compliant mail client (outlook isn’t really) and use those settings. Also, try to expand the exception in your log to see if there’s a ‘caused by’ section with more details. According to the docs, that exception shouldn’t apply to simple connection problems.