SOAP interface

I’m new to SOAP but trying to get something set up. I was having trouble with my custom script so I tried going through the basic tutorial for converting temperatures from F->C and C->F. I am trying to run this script in the Script Tester:

from suds.client import Client client = Client("http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx?WSDL") print client

and I get the error:

[code]Traceback (most recent call last):

File “”, line 1, in

ImportError: No module named suds

Ignition v7.7.0 (b2014071516)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_65
[/code]

Am I missing something? Do I need to import a module for a suds/SOAP interface?

Check to see if the suds directory exists in the user-lib/pylib directory where your Ignition is installed.

If it is missing then you will need to install it. You can download it from here: pypi.python.org/pypi/suds Uncompress and unpack the suds-0.4.tar.gz file. Then find the suds directory and copy it to user-lib/pylib.

Information about installing third-party Python libraries for Ignition is here: perfectabstractions.com/blog … on-modules

Thanks, that seems to have worked. I did notice that when I unpacked that suds compressed folder it was names suds-0.4 so that’s how I pasted it into the user-lib folder. I also noticed that there was already a folder names suds with data in it so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t call from the suds folder but will from the suds-0.4 folder. I’ll let you know how it goes and thanks for your help!

The suds folder in the suds-0.4 folder is the folder that you need to copy to user-lib/pylib.

If a suds folder already exists in user-lib/pylib then it is already installed and something else is wrong.