Some basic Perspective questions

Hello,
I have two questions;

1. How can I see a grid when working in Perspective?
  2. Is there a default setting for a Heading that causes padding? My Header is 100px high and starts at 0,0. My View is 1,169px high and starts at 0,0. But when I launch Perspective, my view starts 150px down

Thanks very much,
Eileen

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here.

While configuring a Docked View, there is a "Size" setting, which determines how many pixels from the assigned edge to provide your View.

In your instance, change Size to be 100.

I believe they're referring to the grid options from Vision:

Though I don't think that exists when developing in Perspective

Ah, yes, if that is indeed what you’re looking for, @ecallaghan, Perspective does not have the same concept of a grid.

The main reason Perspective does not have a “grid” is because most of the View layouts are actually dynamically rendered based on the available viewport, so what you see in the Designer isn’t what you would likely see in a session, unless you’re using the Coordinate layout (container). The Coordinate container does have the ability to sort of superimpose lines over your View, you just need to click the ruler visible to the top or left of the View in use at a desired point.

In the following screenshot I’ve clicked both rulers at the 50px mark:
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 4.20.30 PM

I’m not aware of any limit to these lines, so you could add as many as you need for a View. To remove them, you just click the line you’d like to remove in the ruler.

If you’re only using the grid to align items, I’d recommend becoming familiar with the alignment toolbar:
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 4.24.10 PM

It should allow you to place components at various locations and then align them at a later time (note that alignments are based off of the FIRST item selected).

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like