Some Tags From PLC not Showing Up In Ignition

Hi there,

I’m having a bit of an issue. It seems to be fixed for now but I am just wondering what happened and how I can never have this issue again. So yesterday I created some fans and tagged them to the PLC. However, this morning when I looked the fans were red and when I searched for the tags they couldn’t be found in Ignition Tag Browser. They showed up in the PLC but Ignition couldn’t see them. Tried rebooting the server and recreating the connection on Ignition for the PLC and nothing. Only thing that fixed it was having to go into the PLC and changing one of those tags from read/write to just read and then back to read/write. No one had touched the PLC since I did this and I am the only one who touched the Ignition side. So I find it really weird anyone else experiencing this. I did see this error in the logs:

Error browsing template instanceId=757

com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipResponseException: status=0x05 [path destination unknown] , additional=[0x0000]

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.GetAttributeListService.decodeResponse(GetAttributeListService.java:45)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.GetAttributeListService.decodeResponse(GetAttributeListService.java:12)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.UnconnectedSendService.decodeResponse(UnconnectedSendService.java:122)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipClient.lambda$invoke$2(CipClient.java:124)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.complete(Unknown Source)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipClient.lambda$sendUnconnectedData$8(CipClient.java:222)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient$PendingRequest.lambda$new$0(EtherNetIpClient.java:412)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient.onChannelRead(EtherNetIpClient.java:220)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient.access$900(EtherNetIpClient.java:50)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient$EtherNetIpClientHandler.lambda$channelRead0$0(EtherNetIpClient.java:346)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

RUNNING ON IGNITION 8.1.4*

Stop using Rockwell products...

You ran into a Logix firmware bug... what firmware version are you on?

Modifying/downloading the program has been the only fix we've seen.

That might be a bit harsh. Though not perfect, Logix is still my favorite PLC.

2 Likes

It’s an L81E V32.12. I’ve done 100s of projects on Ignition and only used Rockwell Products and never seen this issue. Is this a new problem with Ignition and Rockwell?

Sure, I'm just messing around :slight_smile:

It seems new for V31/32. I think there's an unconfirmed report that it's fixed in V33 by somebody.

Oh really well that sucks. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this?

Upgrade to V33 or don't do online edits :frowning:

Some mentions of V32 issues in a thread about a different issue:

Ok good to know. And nothing I can do on the Ignition side right?

I mean… you can just ignore the error if you don’t need those tags, but otherwise no, nothing I’m aware of.

Ok cool. Thanks for the info I will definitely keep that in mind.

So I am reviving this post because my issue has come back and its on a running plant where I can’t do a download to the Controller. Any other ideas what I can do to fix this issue? It seems to always be the same tags.