Sort Items

Hi,

It is very cumbersome to look up the items when browsing the devices because they are not sorted. I will be nice if the items where sorted alphabetically.

Thanks
jdelgado

Have you upgraded to 7.1.5? If so, what exactly is not sorted?

Hi Carl,

I will have to check to see what version does the customer installed. What was not sorted was the items when you do an OPC Browse on a device ( AB CompactLogix) to get the items to bind them to transaction groups the list of tags display on the tree control.

Thanks

That was a known issue of 7.1.4, but should be resolved in 7.1.5.

Hi,
The Modbus-UA server in version 7.1.5(b5670) using java 1.6.0_21 isn’t sorting either.

On a similar thread, in the Ignition Designer’s “Basic OPC/Group Items” window where all my group tags are listed, those are also not sortable (unless I’m missing something). They appear in the order that I added them, but I would love to be able to sort them by Item Name or Target Name. Looking for a tag by name would be MUCH easier.

I am running 7.1.7, downloaded yesterday.

Cas

I'd like this as well .. both the ability to sort and the ability to rearrange items manually would be nice.

Bump…

[quote=“Cas”]On a similar thread, in the Ignition Designer’s “Basic OPC/Group Items” window where all my group tags are listed, those are also not sortable (unless I’m missing something). They appear in the order that I added them, but I would love to be able to sort them by Item Name or Target Name. Looking for a tag by name would be MUCH easier.

I am running 7.1.7, downloaded yesterday.

Cas[/quote]

Yes, this has been requested a number of times. We’ll see what we can do.

Ok, this will be in 7.2, coming by the end of the year.

Regards,

Colby,
Thank you, I look forward to it.
Cas