Sparkline Chart Overlay Opt-Out

Is there a way to prevent the Overlay from displaying in a Sparkline Chart? I’m using Tag History to pull in the data and don’t want the Overlay to be shown while it’s getting the data.

Or is there a way to display what the Overlay looks like?

Well, you shouldn’t be getting an overlay on the sparkline chart just because the data is loading. What does the overlay look like? Are you sure it isn’t from another binding on the sparkline chart? If you can get it to show up in the designer, right click on it and choose “show diagnostics” to see exactly what property/quality is causing the overlay.

The error number is 300, Config Error. When I run a diagnostics on the sparkline chart it shows data$CONFIG:Config Error.

The chart is part of a template. The Data is being pulled from Tag History (realtime), using an indirect parameter, that references a template parameter, that is a UDT datatype. Once the data is downloaded from the Gateway, there’s no problem.

Sounds like the data inside the chart’s dataset is invalid until the binding completes. It requires a dataset that has at least two columns, the first column must be a date and the second column must be a number.

I’ll go with that…problem is I’m unable to put a temporary dataset in there. I’ve tried pasting a temporary dataset in there but when I click Ok it reverts back to 0R x 1C :/

Whats the one column? We need to figure out where this dataset is coming from.

t_stamp is the only column.

So I’m going to the Sparkline Chart, selecting binding for Data, selecting Tag History, dragging over a historical tag, editing the tag to make an indirect reference, and then setting the property path for the indirect reference. I’m trying to reference a custom property (Template Parameter) that is a UDT datatype, when I do so the dataset changes to 1 column.

This issue only comes up if I try to reference the UDT datatype custom property (Template Parameter), if I reference a string custom property there’s no issue.

It sounds like the tag history binding is configured so that before an actual UDT is assigned, there aren’t any tags it is selecting. This is the cause of the 1-column dataset.

You could work around this by creatinga a dataset custom property, binding that custom property to the tag history, and then binding the sparkline chart’s dataset property to the custom property only when it has two columns.