Spinner velocity

Is there a way to control the acceleration the spinner will change values over mouse held time?
I’m trying to come up with a way of selecting through 10,000 values and i would like it to be more comfortable than entering numbers on a keyboard and less time consuming than spinning through 10000 values.

With our spinner component, no, that is as fast as it will go.

Talking to some of my fellow tech support guys, you can do it by making your own component. However, this may be complicated to do.

Sounds like a great feature request…

[quote=“Greg.Simpson”]With our spinner component, no, that is as fast as it will go.

Talking to some of my fellow tech support guys, you can do it by making your own component. However, this may be complicated to do.[/quote]
I’m working on it now, very close to getting it by controling the step values by a timer value binding, but now I’m running into issues controlling a bool property binding by the valuechanged event of the spinner…
Heres the code for my spinner:

if event.propertyName == “ds”:
header = [“idx”, “Name”, “Description”, “Status”]
newData = []

data = system.dataset.toPyDataSet(event.newValue)
idx = 0
for row in data:
newData.append([idx, row[“Name”], row[“Description”], row[“Status”]])

event.source.data = system.dataset.toDataSet(header, newData)

event.source.index = ‘true’
#(I just need a way to make this false if the property is not changing I think…)

step size expression binding to my timer:
if({Root Container.Sliding Indexer.value} < 2000, 1, if({Root Container.Sliding Indexer.value} < 5000, 10, if({Root Container.Sliding Indexer.value} < 10000, 100, 100)))

anyone know how to make my index false here?

Let me simplify this post a bit.
Here’s two ways I know to do this.
One would be to use a timer which I was before, the other would be to run a timer gateway script.
If I can find the script to make the above code work, I will have created this… I’m suspecting, however, that if I’m creating a new component, I should build all the functionality into the spinner itself…
So I have properties, step, and event script to get all this done.

I need a timer, and a way to reset it on the condition that I am no longer clicking or holding on the button.
There is only a property change event for this component too…

it may help to know how to only momentarily change a property to ‘true’ and then change it back after a short period. I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the concept of the NOT event. it would be nice to control what happens in a script when the action is NOT being performed or at least let me revert my values afterwards

i realize this is more complicated now than I had thought. I will put this for a feature request and post it if I ever get it to work, but I can say I probably will not get it all to work as a component, I’m using a timer and 4 custom properties on my spinner.