SQL database structure recommendations

And this is where I have a question or two:

I am attempting to use tag history with MSSQL, but I am not sure how. I get errors stating that the table (sqlth_drv) cannot be created.

In this particular development environment, I have a user (Ignition) that is also used for the Perspective to access the DB.

Can I, or should I, use this same user?
Can I change the schema the tag historian will write to, instead of dbo?
Are there any specific permissions required for the user, in the Securables tab in the SSMS?
And besides being a member of the ddladmin group, (so that Ignition can create the necessary tables), does it require any other memberships?

I have been playing with the permissions and memberships but I keep getting the same error, TagHistoryDataSourceLink; albeit this one occurs even after disabling the tag history on the tag I am testing with. Other errors included DatasourceForwardTransaction and MemoryForwardTransaction. These two, obviously, stopped by disabling the tag history.

EDIT:
I should also ask if I need to create a Database Table Historian in the Tag History on the Gateway, or can I just use a normal DB connection?

EDIT 2:
Without using the Database Table Historian, I am able to get Ignition to create a partitioned table in the DB, but the DatasourceForwardTransaction error and it's table (sqlth_drv) still cannot be created.

EDIT 3:
Well, it seems that the error in EDIT 2 must be related to another DB. I refreshed the tables in my working DB and found
So, it appears to be working. However, I am going to test using a separate MSSQL user login rather than the same one used for actual users.