SQL dbTag or runQuery?

Background:
Nearly all of the data I am working with are process variables and setpoints that are stored in historical tables. The graphing of this data is based on a modified version of the [del]easy chart[/del] Click-to-Graph goodie. I have been using the Client.current_Graph tag to save the sessions graph name so they can return to where they left off when closing/opening windows. This is not saved bewteen sessions.

What I would like to do now is save user data between sessions. I made a table with the following columns.

user_id
lastOrderNum
lastOrderLineNum
lastGraphName
lastProdLine

I was planning on using runQuery() and runUpdateQuery() to read/write these values. Since I do not know much about SQL dbTags yet, the question is which method would be a better fit?

I am wondering if it is time to force myself to learn a new feature (Well, new to me). If SQL tags are the better option, could you point me in the right direction?

Since you need a separate storage per user, you’ll need a table and use queries to modify the data db-SQLTags wouldn’t work b/c you need storage per user.

Thanks, I quess that explains why I couldn’t figure out how to make it work.