SQL or FPMI error message

Have just started getting this error message and am unsure why or what it means. Can anyone shed some light on it and let me know. THanks and have a great day.

[quote]java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 55) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:365)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2781)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2224)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.isDataInResultSet(TdsCore.java:792)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.(JtdsResultSet.java:146)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.java:424)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeQuery(JtdsStatement.java:1258)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:208)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.gateway.servlets.Gateway$2.run(Gateway.java:1867)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doDBAction(Gateway.java:2291)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.gateway.servlets.Gateway.runQuery(Gateway.java:1852)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:332)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.gateway.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:95)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/quote]

You can read more about SQL Server deadlocks here:

blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/05/16 … ansaction/

You are going to need to try and isolate what query is causing this problem. Where are you seeing this message? Do any of your queries call stored procedures?

That made for a very good read. As for your questions:

I know what query PMI is saying is causing this deadlock. PMI comes back and the error message starts with the query and then gives the deadlock explaination. So I know which one is getting killed and since on this screen in question I only have 2 querys that should make it the other one.

As for where I am seeing the message I saw it twice yesterday on the designer, while I was working on the page in question. then I saw it on one of the runtime clients, however the client was not on the page in question so why it would be trying to run that query when not on that page is confusing.

As for stored proc. No not one of them calls any stored proc.

I know from a conversation this morning that there might have been an update to SQL administored recently and who know this might have had something to do with it.

Have a great day.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]You can read more about SQL Server deadlocks here:

blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/05/16 … ansaction/

You are going to need to try and isolate what query is causing this problem. Where are you seeing this message? Do any of your queries call stored procedures?[/quote]

Sounds like you should go talk to them. First rule in troubleshooting - if something starts going wrong that used to work: "what changed"