SQL Query binding to cell in Power Table cell

I’m trying to create master/detail tables with the detail table getting it’s product code from the selected row of the master table, as shown below.

select * from product where productcode = '{Root Container.Power Table.data}[{Root Container.Power Table.selectedRow},2]'

The {Root Container.Power Table.data} piece returns ‘[Dataset [189R x 8C][28,2]’ instead of the value at the specified row and column. Do we need a different syntax when using inside a SQL Query binding? It works when binding to a text field.

Thanks,
Dave

Just create a custom property on the table called productcode and bind it to that expression.
Then in the query point it to the custom property.

That’s what I did but don’t really understand why the syntax doesn’t work in the SQL query.

[quote=“drettberg”]That’s what I did but don’t really understand why the syntax doesn’t work in the SQL query.[/quote]In an expression binding, the braces look up and deliver an object at that point in the expression. In a SQL query string, or in any other string context, the object in braces is converted to a string. The string representation of a dataset is a summary of its size in rows and columns.

Is there any way to get this without creating extra custom property ?

No. String conversion with braces is a simple single property or tag only.