param_code as name,
“station_forCanvas” as template,
200+200*COS(PI()param_angle/180.0) as x,
200+200
SIN(PI()*param_angle/180.0) as y,
50 as width,
50 as height,
10 as z,
CONCAT( “{”, char(34), “station”, char(34), “:” , char(34), fullpath , char(34), “}” ) as parameters
FROM
tw_data_list_stations
WHERE
id_machine = 2
AND
tw_data_list_stations.table = 1

It works great in Query Browser. However when used as a binding, I get the message “… not well formed”. I found it is linked to the usage of “{” character (want to build a dictionnary for template canvas).

Some ideas ?
It is annoying as I have to use an interim table, and complete the job with python programming. The most funny part being that it works in query browser :frowning:

thanks !:slight_smile:

Does it help if you use single quotes in order to be able to get rid of the char(34) in the CONCAT expression? e.g.

SELECT 
param_code as name,
'station_forCanvas' as template,
200+200*COS(PI()*param_angle/180.0) as x,
200+200*SIN(PI()*param_angle/180.0) as y,
50 as width,
50 as height,
10 as z,
CONCAT( '{"station": "', fullpath, '"}' ) as parameters
FROM
tw_data_list_stations
WHERE
id_machine = 2
AND
tw_data_list_stations.table = 1

Perhaps there is something getting confused in the binding usage? btw, you can get better syntax highlighting in here for code sections by surrounding them with three back-ticks (to the left of the 1 key):

```
code here
```

Standard SQL doesn’t allow double-quote characters as string delimiters at all. You must use single quotes.

Edit: Re-looking at this I am seeing that this is indeed using the CONCAT function in SQL. My brain was thinking that it was an Ignition expression function. Hopefully the adjusted form I posted will work then for ya… Thanks @pturmel.

Thanks guys.
But there is something else.

Try select “{”+“test”+"}" as mystring in query browser => works :slight_smile:

Try now to put a text in a window, and bind it to the text => “not well formed” :disappointed:

I have the impression the interpreter does not go the same route, and the { are replaced at some point.
It is very annoying (even more if you use JSON type in MySQL tables).

The query browser appears to be passing the SQL straight to MySQL, which does allow double-quotes for string literals. In standard SQL, double quotes are for identifiers like table names and column names that would otherwise be mangled. Consider turning on ANSI_QUOTES in your MySQL server to help enforce proper quoting.
Anywhere Ignition needs to pre-parse SQL, it’ll be using standard rules.