SQL Server Database Connection with Integrated Security

I’m having trouble setting up a SQL Server database connection using integrated security.

I’ve searched the forum for related subjects and found one thread where the symptom was nearly identical (viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5213&hilit=driver+is+not+configured+for+integrated+authentication).

I tried everything suggested there.

I also reviewed Travis’ training video on database connections and tried to do everything required there. I still can’t get it to work.

I’ve successfully configured a connection on the same box using SQL Server security.

My error message is:

[quote] org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:179)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:135)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.run(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1030)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:170)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:2338)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:1929)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:1917)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4026)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1416)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1061)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:833)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:716)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:841)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:294)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1247)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1221)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:179)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:135)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.run(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1030)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/quote]
I’m trying to configure it on a VM running Windows Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2008/10 and MS JDBC V3.0 driver.

Configuration screen follows:

Did you try taking a look at Connecting to MS SQL Server? Connecting to SQLServer is sometimes a pain, but it always works after downloading the right sqljdbc_auth.dll file and turning on the browser, TCP/IP, etc. The error Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory doesn’t really tell us much about why it can’t connect, but I would double check which sqljdbc_auth.dll file you loaded and make sure you restarted the SQLServer service after changing it’s settings.