SQL Tag Import Error

I exported a .CSV file of my tags from the Designer because I needed to create a second set of tags with slightly different names. So I did a search and replace for the names/folders/expressions I needed to change.

When trying to import the updated list of tags back into the Designer I received an error, at the bottom of this message, and only my original folders were created with NO tags.

I then tried to import the tag CSV file I had exported and am still receiving the error and NO tags are importing. I tried restoring a copy of the system that was working and had all the tags and now all of my tags are missing from the restored copy as well.

This was all in my DEV environment but it also removed all the tags from my demo system, I use the same DB for DEV as the demo system.

SHORT Error:
GatewayException: Gateway Error 60001: Error executing asynchronous task.
caused by ClassCastException: Cannot coerce value ‘Mon Aug 01 00:00:00 PDT 2011’ into type: class java.util.Date. Invalid date format.

Ignition v7.2.8 (b178)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_26

FULL Error:
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 60001: Error executing asynchronous task.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:280)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:250)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:214)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:659)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.db.DatasourceTagManager.addTags(DatasourceTagManager.java:343)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.addTags(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:250)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$CSVTagImporter.run(ImportTagAction.java:244)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$ClientRunningTask.run(ClientProgressManager.java:507)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot coerce value ‘Mon Aug 01 00:00:00 PDT 2011’ into type: class java.util.Date. Invalid date format.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:832)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.toDate(TypeUtilities.java:1074)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.DBTagStore.addTagsDeep(DBTagStore.java:1185)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.DBTagStore.addTags(DBTagStore.java:1127)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider$AddTagsTask.run(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:399)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.runInConfigLock(AbstractTagDriver.java:426)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.addTags(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:186)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.addTags(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:440)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectSettingsCache$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.addTags(ProjectSettingsCache.java:440)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.SQLTags.addTags(SQLTags.java:241)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.clientcomm.progress.MethodInvokeRunnable.run(MethodInvokeRunnable.java:27)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.clientcomm.progress.GatewayProgressManagerImpl$GatewayProgressTask.run(GatewayProgressManagerImpl.java:215)
… 9 more

Ignition v7.2.8 (b178)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_26

After receiving the above error I deleted the Date Values in the CSV to try and eliminate this issue and upon attempting to import I now receive this error:

GatewayException: Gateway Error 60001: Error executing asynchronous task.
caused by NullPointerException

I could not find any issues with this except from previous versions of Ignition. I am using Ignition 7.2.8 (b178).
Thanks in advance.

It seems that your CSV editor changed the format of the file a little. Make sure the datetime column still exists and set the format of it to: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss and it should work. If you want you can send us the CSV file and we can fix it for you.

Ok, I PMed you a link.

The CSV file worked fine for me. I am running 7.2.8 as well. Maybe you should call us so we can look into it some more.