This may not be an issue in ignition, but I noticed that if I import tags from the OPC browser sometimes the tags are very slow to import and they have errors, such as coming in as strings instead of floats.
I found I don’t have the issue if the PLC is on the network when I open designer. If I power up the PLC after I have the OPC browser open I continue to have the errors until I close out of designer and reopen it with the PLC powered up.
This case is with kepware as the OPC server. I have not tried it with any other server. I am running Version: 3.3.3 (build 3269). I hope this issue has already been fixed, but if not, I hope this post can help improve this great product.