SQL Tags Browser

Does the SQL tags import utility import from a CSV file from RSLOGIX 5000.
I tried and Ignition gave me a error

java.lang.Exception: Unknown CSV format
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.action.ImportTagAction$CSVTagImporter.run(ImportTagAction.java:142)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.ProgressDialog$TaskRunner.run(ProgressDialog.java:208)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v7.1.5 (b5670)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_18

thanks

I guess I figured it out. I used the Ignition Export and can clearly see that it is not in the same format.

So my next question would be , what would be the best way to develop screens when you dont have a live PLC to quickly drag and drop tags. Instead of typing 500 tags in?

I have a feeling that someone around here has written a script to convert from that format to SQLTags format, but I don’t think they posted it.

Doing something to convert it to our format would be the only way to import them, we don’t support importing external formats.

I haven’t looked at the RSLogix format in a while, but if you post your file, some friendly script-a-holic might be able to help you out.

Regards,

You certainly don’t need live PLC tags to develop screens, but having the tags themselves (even though they will be either simulated or stale) will be helpful.

Also, typing in 500 tags by hand sounds like a bad strategy. Most of our customers find ways to coerce their tag lists into our CSV format via copy/paste or macros.

I found a processor and got it tied into ignition. I browsed the tags in the OPC and dragged them to the SQL tags. There is probally 900 tags I believe mabye more, Now that I did that Ignition is unstable and java is running at 90% of the computers memory.

Thanks for any comments on this.

Are you using a UA or DA connection? What driver or type of PLC are they from? What are you system specs?

UA, Controllogix L61, 2.81 Gig Ram, with 102 gig free hard drive.