SQL tags

I am just begining to look at SQL tags for some of my design. In one case there will be about 99 SQLTags now granted each one will have a similar name but the address will be different.

Ex: Kepware.KepServerEX.Chan_1.nx.override
Kepware.KepServerEX.Chan_2.nx.override
etc…

Now I dont exactly know how SQL tags are used yet. I have been successfull in getting them incorporated into PMI and I can see them. My question is: Will there be a way to use some sort of indirect addressing?

I have a popup window for doing assignments. And if the supervisor is doing assignments and checks a check box I have on that screen i want the proper override bit to be turned on. Can you do any of the expression type programming to obtain the different tags, IE chan_1 for machine 1, chan_2 for machine 2, etc… Using the same type of expressions currently used in PMI.

Ex. mach_num={root.parent.something.value}

Sorry if it seems vague but not being at work I can not recall the exact command line information.’’

Thanks and have a great day,

Please read the SQLTags section of the documentation. There are < 10 important pages to read that should give you a good idea about how SQLTags works.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, SQLTags supports Indirect Tag Binding

2. Yes, you can use SQLTags in expressions with the tag() expression function, but I don’t think that’s how you’d want to accomplish your request.

2a. Use the security feature for the Supervisor assignment checkbox.

2b. You would want a dynamic property in the Root Container that indicates the selected Machine channel. This is the value that you pass in when you open the popup window to select which channel. This is a basic technique for parameter passing that has nothing to do with SQLTags. You would then use Indirect Tag Binding (#1) to bind your component’s properties to the desired indirect tag paths.

I am reading but due to a truncated time table for getting this project on the shop floor I dont always have the required amount of time. I have to keep the production lines running, I have to write and debug my PLC code as they come up with new ideas to impliment, I have to do this SCADA HMI program, while trying to learn expressions and SQL, and run cat5 cable thru the plant for this new system. Unfortuneately there is only so many hours in the day. That is one of the reason I post so many questions that others probably already know. Add that this is the first time I have undertaken anything of this magnitude. So I appologize if I ask to much or am to vague.

Here is what I want. On the selection screen that only a supervisor has access to is a check box. If the supervisor selects this it enables another button and a text entry. The supervisor will put in a number in the text entry box. What this will do when the supervisor clicks the button is copy the operations personell from the current machine to the new selected machine. It will also send via a discrete bit a signal to the PLC that will allow the operation personell to logoff. As I said each of the 99 machines will have a bit. So if the supervisor is moving the personell from say machine 10 to machine 30 this bit signal will be sent to machine 10 and machine 10 only. I do know how KepServer addressing works but have not delved into SQL tags that much. This is whyI askedwhat I did. I do have the machine number comming across and is in the root container. Sothat much is done. Now all I need to do is learn more about howthey are addressed so I cando indirect addressing to make sure the correct bit is signaled. Now that I know it can be done I just need to make it so.

Thanks for the info and have a great day.

[quote=“nathan”]Please read the SQLTags section of the documentation. There are < 10 important pages to read that should give you a good idea about how SQLTags works.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, SQLTags supports Indirect Tag Binding

2. Yes, you can use SQLTags in expressions with the tag() expression function, but I don’t think that’s how you’d want to accomplish your request.

2a. Use the security feature for the Supervisor assignment checkbox.

2b. You would want a dynamic property in the Root Container that indicates the selected Machine channel. This is the value that you pass in when you open the popup window to select which channel. This is a basic technique for parameter passing that has nothing to do with SQLTags. You would then use Indirect Tag Binding (#1) to bind your component’s properties to the desired indirect tag paths.[/quote]

Send me a private message or an email. I can help you learn and set up your project over gotomeeting.