SQLite quarantined data, possible conversion to PostgreSQL

Hi all,

in one of my first project I made the wrong decision on choosing SQLite created directly in Ignition gateway. This database is frequently having lot of quarantined data when querying tag history from Gateway scripts or trends.
I get a lot of time [SQLite busy] Database locked.
Is it possible to reduce the quarantined data by changing store and forward settings?
In other plants I use Postgresql which is a lot powerful, is there an easy way to convert from SQLite to Postgresql?

Thanks for your help!

Hello Andrea,

What error message are you seeing on your quarantined items?
Regarding your second question with a quick google search I was able to find several resources that allow for the migration of databases. I would utilize those recourses to have your database converted.

Hi Jacob.
sorry for late reply.
Here below the error:

org.sqlite.SQLiteException: [SQLITE_BUSY] The database file is locked (database is locked)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:909)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:921)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.throwex(DB.java:886)
at org.sqlite.core.DB.exec(DB.java:155)
at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Connection.commit(JDBC3Connection.java:174)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingConnection.commit(DelegatingConnection.java:367)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingConnection.commit(DelegatingConnection.java:367)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.SRConnectionWrapper.commit(SRConnectionWrapper.java:347)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.sf.sinks.AbstractDatasourceSink.storeToDatasource(AbstractDatasourceSink.java:190)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.sf.sinks.AbstractDatasourceSink.storeData(AbstractDatasourceSink.java:156)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.sf.sinks.AggregateSink.storeData(AggregateSink.java:180)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.ForwarderThread.run(ForwarderThread.java:147)

That log makes perfect sense considering SQL lite only has one thread.