SQLiteException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database

when i try to push data into the SQLITE database on running a timer script but i end up getting the error
"SQLiteException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database " but when i check the database configuration is Valid and i am able to query the table in database query browser

Please post the entire error text and format it with the </> button. The screenshot doesn't show everything.

1 Like

Psssst! SQLite is not a full-featured database and is NOT suitable for ordinary Ignition DB connections. Before you get yourself in the weeds with this, switch to a more robust DB. If you need something free, use PostgreSQL or MariaDB.

3 Likes

I've seen it said before online that SQLLite is good for prototyping the db before migrating to a real db, but I would suggest to always start with the real db - the initial setup for MySQL or PostgreSQL is minor /quick once you learn it, and then you can avoid the headache that can be migration.

1 Like

Not no, [expletive] NO. That's just wrong.

2 Likes

Ignitions page on connecting to SQLite "This is ideal for small scale applications, as well as testing and demonstrations." For testing and demos and especially for small applications, I would still say just use MySQL or PostgreSQL. You only need to install it once on your computer to have a playground for testing.

Well, that's wrong, too. IMNSHO.

2 Likes

So what would one use SQLite for? Toy projects?

The primary purpose it is designed to handle is as a replacement for read-mostly configuration files. Like Ignition's internal DB. (Imagine that.)

2 Likes