SQLTag CSV Enumerations

We’re working on generating a csv to import new tags into Ignition, based on spreadsheets from other facets of our facility. By and large, we have figured out what the Ignition CSV should look like, but I have a few remaining questions:

What are the possible values for Eng Unit, AlertSendClear, AlertMessageMode, and HistoryMaxAgeMode?

I skimmed through your documentation and the Ignition.Common .jar file, in hopes of determining the possible values for several tag attributes. I did manage to find definitions for most of the SQLTag enumerations. That said, while all of the above but Eng Unit seem to refer to integers, I got the impression that they were more like integer representations of boolean values.

I apologize, as this is not a module programming question. It is more of a general programming question, as I’m writing a little program to generate a SQLTags.CSV for our facility.

From the Ignition documentation:

Eng Unit
Manual reference: Project Design / SQLTags / Basic Tag Properties / Metadata Properties
Definition: The engineering units of the value
Possible values: ‘Deg C’, ‘mm’, ‘Bar’ etc.

AlertSendClear
Manual reference: Project Design / SQLTags / Basic Tag Properties / Alerting Properties
Definition: Indicates that a message should be sent when the alert clears, in addition to when it becomes active.
Possible values: 0 (=No), 1 (=Yes)

AlertMessageMode
Manual reference: Project Design / SQLTags / Basic Tag Properties / Alerting Properties
Definition: How the message should be generated for the alert
Possible values: 0 (=Auto-generated), 1 (=Custom)

HistoryMaxAgeMode
Manual reference: Project Design / SQLTags / Basic Tag Properties / History Properties
Definition: The maximum amount of time that can pass before a new record is logged for the tag
Possible values: 0 (=Unlimited), 1 (=value set in HistoryMaxAge used)

Hope this helps - I worked out the possible values by editing the fields for a SQLTag and exporting it to a csv, then comparing what was in the file to what the options were on the screen.

The programmer’s guide in the 7.5.2 sdk has a new appendix with more info, though it doesn’t explicitly deal with CSV. However, in many cases enums are stored as integers, and it at least points you to the enums that define the possible values.

Regards,

Thank you very much. I worked out some of the other enumerations by looping through their values in Java, but I couldn’t find those.