SSL/TLS How-to for Active Directory LDAPS User source

Hello all,
I have managed to get LDAPS communication working fine by setting up the following:

• Using a GPO (or whatever automated process) I am getting our root and intermediate domain controller certificates (in .cer format ) from a central infrastructure share and copying them into the supplemental folder.
    This ensures that they are loaded by 8.x gateways and the domain itself is trusted.

I use Keystore Explorer to check in the embedded java CACERTS store and I see the domain certificates correctly imported.

I am also adding a System environment variable : “JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=WINDOWS-ROOT” and with all the above done it works seamlessly. Not sure if all the above is required but it works this way :slight_smile:

So the LDAPS part is good.
Now i’m looking at the SSL part - i have got it working for one gateway but am looking for a more global approach to manage multiple servers. If anything comes from that topic i’ll post a link to it here for future hunters to follow the breadcrumbs :slight_smile:
Thanks all for your help.
If you’re having issues getting LDAPS working, reply here and someone will help !!

2 Likes