SSO on this version of the app is not compatible with the gateway. Please upgrade your app to newest version. - Ignition Perspective Mobile

I get this error when I try to open one of my projects in the Ignition Perspective Mobile app. I've been using the app yesterday and up until now, but now I'm getting this message. I have not recently updated the gateway or made any changes to the project.

Update: Upon letting the tablet sit a while and coming back to it, we could log in to the project and open the application without this error message. It seems to have gone away on its own. It's not the first time we've seen this error message. It's come up once before in the past, but it does seem to go away on its own. It's a concern, since we can't use the application when it shows this error message and I don't know the cause or how to fix it.

I had the same issue today with a user who recently updated the Android OS on her phone. We solved the problem by 'force closing' the Perspective app and restarting it.

1 Like

We had this issue on Samsung Android tablets after upgrading to 8.1.39 (was eager to do the upgrade due to the addition of the Micro 850 driver....thanks IA!!!).

I was getting this same error and finally discovered the app needed to be updated but I couldn't do so from the Google Play Store. I'm no Android expert but is there a way to ensure the app will be upgraded with a Ignition upgrade? Doing this manually would be a real PITA for lots of tablets.

Thanks for any advice...I appreciate it!!