Stop Designer from stealing focus?

every few minutes Designer pops up the taskbar and flashes for attention, which hides the bottom of other windows we're working in. is there any way we can get Designer to stop doing this? i've been tracking this behaviour over the last week and it's not always the same window either. sometimes it's the Script Console, other times the Style Editor, or the main Designer window itself. this may seem trivial, but when nearly all software has their status bars at the bottom, this is proving to be a real annoyance. TIA. :slight_smile:

never seen this happen.

2 Likes

Me neither.
What OS are you running it on ?

Win11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.819

EDIT: everyone at the shop has this behaviour. drives us all nuts.

Perhaps something your IT is causing?

You should contact support. I can confidently say two things:

1. I've never seen nor heard of this before
  2. There's zero code in the script console to even attempt to grab focus from the OS.

that is good to know. i'll see what's happening on the OS side and why it wants attention all the time. :slight_smile: report back when i know more.

In Linux, anything that opens a low-level java modal dialog will attempt to steal focus. It is one of the reasons I despise Vision's system.gui.* low-level popups.

Are you sure you're not dropping your connection to the gateway intermittently? I have a simlar problem when working remotely over a poor connection.

@Transistor that might be the case, actually. i've noticed a lot of network bip-n-bop when i look at the logs. so i'm willing to bet that's exactly what's making Designer draw focus: it's lost/regained connection. and i know the infrastructure here in the office is... wanting. :stuck_out_tongue:

i'm now going to go poke the IT guys in the ear and make it their problem. heh heh heh... :smiling_imp:

4 Likes