Store and Forward Items Dropped

Just a few have been dropped… Not sure how to diagnose this. Also not sure what the 195% value is representing. Is that the local cache?

Why would there be so many items dropped?
Usually they’re a “quarantined items” retry button, but there don’t seem to be any buttons in order to resolve the 195% capacity issue

Getting constant errors like these as well:

StoreAndForward.Sink.HsqlDataStore

java.io.InvalidClassException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.config.BasicProperty; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 7327305604978257671, local class serialVersionUID = 8982054396802939425

at java.base/java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.HashMap.readObject(Unknown Source)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.deserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:96)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.deserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:56)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.ClusterUtil.unzipAndDeserializeObject(ClusterUtil.java:90)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.deserializeObject(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:514)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.loadTransactions(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:587)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractDatasourceStore.syncdTakeNext(AbstractDatasourceStore.java:530)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.takeNext(AbstractStore.java:213)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.MultiStageStore.syncdTakeNext(MultiStageStore.java:165)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.takeNext(AbstractStore.java:213)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.ForwarderThread.synchedTakeNext(ForwarderThread.java:200)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.RedundancyAwareForwarder.synchedTakeNext(RedundancyAwareForwarder.java:68)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.forwarders.ForwarderThread.run(ForwarderThread.java:139)

Did you recently upgrade Ignition versions? Or send data across versions?
It’s not being ‘quarantined’ because it’s not an issue with the DB - it’s an issue with S+F/Java serialization…

We upgraded from 7.9.15/16 to v8.1.0 approx 2 months ago. I didn’t notice these at the time, but I can’t say that I was looking at the logs then.

Do you remember what version you upgraded from? Or, better, do you have a .gwbk from before the upgrade (and a current one) you can send in to support?

Yep, I have all three. ~220 megs each backup though. I’ll create a case and upload. Cheers.

Anything I can do in the meantime?

You can try deleting the entry for that DB in the datacache/ folder in the install directory - you’ll want to disable the DB/disable disk cache for it, then delete (or rename) the entire folder, then re-enable.
If it’s some kind of old data issue, then I would expect it to go away. If it’s somehow coming from in fresh, then that’ll likely tell us something as well.

1 Like

Well that appears to have resolved the errors in the log file. I’m not getting them anymore which I assume is good :slight_smile: