Store and Forward Status

Is it possible to get the cached row count (and any other status metrics) for the Store and Forward system? I see there used to be a “getCachedRowCount()” expression function that no longer works. Wondering if there is another way to grab this data.

I’ve been poking around with this some more without much luck. Only thing I’ve found so far is getting the Store and Forward status information through a custom module - which I would like to avoid. Does anyone know if this is my only route for obtaining this information?

I’m working on a project where we have live barcode scanning data going into a database. This data is used in the downstream process to make some decisions. If the data does not make it into the database within X seconds/minutes then the system can’t figure out what to do with the item. 99% of the time it works fine, but every now and then the Store and Forward gets a little backed up. I’m hoping I can come up with a way to notify the Technicians to hold up item loading until the Store and Forward has caught up.

Consider not using the store and forward system for such time-critical operations. That’ll give you immediate feedback at the time of attempted insert, allowing you to handle the error before the product moves on.

That’s been in the back of my mind as well, but was hoping to put that off for a future v2 upgrade of the system. The barcode scanners are sending back a lot of data per item (as many as 20-40 scans per second). Little worried about the headache of dealing with all that data outside of a Transaction group and Store and Forward system. Not even really sure what the best approach would be for this without worrying about bottlenecking or missing chunks of data.