Store Production Data in Internal Database?

Hi Team,
I am using ignition 8.0. I want to store the data logs in internal database. Any possibility to store the data.

What data logs? Production data or something else?

If production data then don't. That's not what it's for. Use a proper database instead.

User import the Excel file. I Want to store the filename,file-size,timestamp only

That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. I suggest you delete your posts here and ask a new question - but you'll need to supply a lot more information about what you are trying to do. I'll delete my posts when I see that you've deleted yours.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I moved to a new topic. @Tamilvanan_S, please supply more information. Include the specific version of Ignition you have, so I can tweak the topic tags.

Describe how the user is to transfer the Excel file, and what information within the file matters to you. Explain why you want to use any "internal" database instead of a proper database.

Hi sir,
The excel file contains Tag creation data. When user import the excel file it automatically create the tags. I need to store who imported the excel file and file name, file size.
Note: Customer not allowing to install the database. So i need to create the internal database

What does this mean? Ignition is pretty useless without data storage of some kind. Why do you need to store this information? If a customer requirement, then they are responsible for enabling you to do so.

Ignition has an internal database that holds its configuration. It is not suitable for holding anything else. You need a proper database to hold production information or any kind of event log. Perhaps you should just append to a text file in the gateway filesystem.

1 Like