Storing datetime using transaction groups

I have a set of tags that perform a calculation that return a datetime. I would like to use a transaction group to store these datetimes to a table, then use the data from the table as a binding property to display the events on a calendar.

When I try to set up the transaction group to save the datetimes to a table in my MSSQL database, I keep getting error saying:

Error forwarding data: implicit conversion from data type datetime is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query.

I have also tried formatting the tags as strings, and in that case I get the error:

Error forwarding data: conversion failed when converting nvarchar value “2012-04-23 10:48:21” to data type int.

So my question is, what would be the best way to set up the group of tags as events on a calendar? Should I use the transaction group? If so, how do I get the datetimes to save to the database??

Dan

It sounds like the column you are trying to write to in MSSQL is an integer. Why are you trying to put a date into an int field? Maybe you have the wrong column name?