Strange Sparkline

I added a sparkline and pointed it to a tag that is storing data every 1 minute.

My sparkline has horizontal lines as it waits for the 1 minute to pass. How can I get it to just go from one point to the next without the horizontal lines. see below.

Thank you for any help

Any ideas on this???

I’m not sure if this will help, but try comparing the historical scan class time and the tag scan class. Did you perhaps confuse the two? I think tag scan class (On the general properties of the tag) should be faster or same time as historical scan class (in the history properties of the tag).

Is the tag set to “analog” mode on the history settings? That looks like it’s set to discrete. Otherwise, as already mentioned, having the historical scan class at a faster rate than the realtime would produce something like this.

I have tried the above but no luck. I have the tag set as follows:
GENERAL >> Scan Class >> Default (which is 1,000ms with 10,000ms stale)
HISTORY >> Historical Scanclass >> Every Minute (60,000ms with 120,000ms stale)
HISTORY >> Value Mode >> Analog

Any help appreciated…Thanks

Raptor,

As far as I know, the spark line is getting its data from the historian. So if the gaps are each one minute, then its likely because you are only storing data once per minute. If you need more data displayed, then increase the storage frequency.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I really don’t want to store more data than once every minute for this tag, but I would prefer that a line would be drawn from one data point to the other instead of a horizontal line for one minute in length. After all, I thought that is what a sparkline was supposed to do.

There are ways you could display more recent data for some tags without storing it all to the regular historian. For example you could have a historical transaction group to store data to a smaller DB that gets pruned more often then query that data, or you could try storing data to a dataset on a dataset tag and bind it to the data property of the spark line.

But those are both more difficult to configure than simply storing more data in your history.

And after all, SQL data really does not take that much room.