Styles Which Utilize Color Dynamic Properties

Hello,

Is there a way to incorporate color dynamic properties into styles? I want to define a sort of interface skin which I can change the color scheme for multiple objects easily.

For instance, say I have a container called circles. On the circles container I make 3 dynamic property colors called: CircleHand, CircleOff, and CircleAuto. Inside that container I have circle1, circle2, and circle3. Is there a way to map those three colors (CircleHand, CircleOff, and CircleAuto) to each of the styles for circle1, circle2, and circle3?

I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I’ll try to make it clearer.

Thanks.

–HandledException

You have access to the Styles DataSet of an object as an expert property. Try binding that dataSet to an SQL query that grabs the data from a Database table. You would then edit the DB to modify those color sets (can be set up within FPMI).

There may exist expression DataSet functions that do this as well…you can’t go wrong with the DB approach, though.

The Styles training video introduces this concept.

Thanks for the reminder Nathan. I watched the videos awhile ago, but I should check them about again before I post questions… :blush:

What have you found to be the best way to store the various types of style information? Just have one big table with every option under the sun (with judicious filtering), storing them all in one place? Or smaller, separate tables with just the relevant info?

Thanks for the great advice.

–HandledException

No problem - that’s what we’re here for.

Unless you have a good reason not to, it’s usually better to store more in one big table, using one or more (indexed) columns that you sort against.

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice.

–HandledException