Suggestions for using Advanced Style Sheet on Ignition Exchange resources

I'm working on an Ignition Exchange resource that animates a custom SVG. The issue I'm having is that I need to animate the "fill" property so I have to do it on advanced style sheet.

What is the recommended way of handling this in an Ignition Exchange resource?

My concern is that someone will restore my resource and blow away a bunch of custom styles inadvertently. Of course, they can always choose not to restore the style sheet when embedding the project files but I'm trying to make it more foolproof.

If it's a set of Perspective Views you're providing, then one (admittedly hacky) way to get CSS on those views is to use a Markdown component and turn off ignoreHTML. I've done it for adding live and customizable CSS to a view before, but I wouldn't officially recommend it, especially as an Exchange resource.

IMO, I think you should just add your stylesheet as its own resource.

A different method might just be to upload it as a project so everything is self-contained. You could upload all of these if you wanted. Installation instructions are helpful as well.

1 Like

I landed on your last suggestion but thought it would be good to put it out to the community to see if there were other options I was missing.

Thanks

1 Like