Supported devices for alarm notification

Hi, this is my first post here.

We’ve got Ignition running but no alarm notifications yet. Email notification probably isn’t going to be enough because of the inability to ack without exposing a listen port. That leaves voice & SMS. The server location only has analog lines, and my understanding is that Ignition’s voice notification module requires voip/sip.

So we’re left with SMS, but the absence of voice support puts us in the situation of preferring Win911. Now, I’d like to get a CDMA unit that both Win911 and Ignition support, otherwise all these alarms we’ve put in are for naught. But again we’re stymied since Ignition only supports the Raven XE or the LS300.

Am I just misreading these compatibility lists? We’re on 7.6.6 if that matters. I’ve got a bunch of other questions but they can wait for another time.

For voice, you can get a device the like Grandstream that acts as a voip gateway to your analog line. This is one of the devices we test the voice notification with in house.

For SMS, you’re correct in your interpretation. The notification is not a general purpose SMS notification that can use any GSM modem, it’s specifically built to use an API provided by those two Sierra Wireless products.

Thanks for the response & info, I don’t suppose you’d have a sample BOM for a DIN mounted airlink? :smiley:

(1) Ethernet cable
(1) Airlink
(1) Custom Airlink DIN Rail Bracket
:wink:

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]For voice, you can get a device the like Grandstream that acts as a voip gateway to your analog line. This is one of the devices we test the voice notification with in house.

For SMS, you’re correct in your interpretation. The notification is not a general purpose SMS notification that can use any GSM modem, it’s specifically built to use an API provided by those two Sierra Wireless products.[/quote]

I am in a similar situation as the OP. My customer in a rural area has unreliable internet service and is presently using voice alarms from competitor SCADA package. Due to bugs and quirks of the old system we are hoping to upgrade to Ignition, but I need to be able to use it with Alarm Notification and Voice to deliver alarm messages to analog phones without depending on the internet.

Do I read you correctly as stating that this is possible with the Grandstream HT502 device?

Thanks,
Paul

To answer my previous question:
No, the HT-502 has two phone jacks, and no line jack, so I ordered a HT-503 and it does work.

The next question(s):

1. Can I disable the HT-503 from answering incoming calls? I did figure out that following the guide, it answers on the first ring, so I changed that to 12 so it will wait twelve rings before answering. This is done on the FXO port webpage under DTMF settings “Number of Rings” Someday when I am all caught up, I will find out what DTMF and some of the other terminology actually means.

2. Is there a comprehensive manual for the voice notification module? It seems it can do a lot of cool stuff, but I have not located complete documentation for it. I have it set up and making calls with a my “test” alarm. I can probably figure out by trial and error some of the things I don’t yet understand, but time is money…

Thanks…

I am currently attempting to use the HT503 with Win911. One of my co-workers has set it up successfully with Ignition but I am trying to get it to work with Win911 alongside that and I could not find any documentation on how to set it up again with Ignition or with Win911.

I don’t know anything about Win911 but the ignition guide is here:
https://support.inductiveautomation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/30/2/how-to-configure-the-grandstream-ht-503-for-use-with-ignition-alarming-voice