Switching between theme cause font flash of unstyled text effect

Hi
Even opening the client on the same computer with the gateway, changing the theme, causes the ’ font flash of unstyled text’ effect.

theme

This cause every time user changes the theme all font change to some default fonts like ‘Times New Roman’ and after some time the font display correctly again.(with sans-serif)
I know there is a load time for a new CSS file for each theme, but it is nice if the perspective cache or save the current font theme until the browser loads the new theme file.
Or may there is a trick here so I can prevent this.

1 Like

Hey Nader,

Bumping up the topic.

I’m also annoyed by this, although it’s not a big deal.

Have you found any solution or workaround?

Thanks.

Unfortunately not untill now

If the font stays the same across both styles maybe you can use css injection in the styleclasses as i dont think these get reloaded

Seems to work… a bit bothersome to do tho xd
There realy should be a default css file that always gets loaded in too sigh xd

(just tested with fantasy font)
} body,button { font-family: fantasy; font-weight: 400; font-size: 1rem; background-color: var(--containerRoot); font-size: 100%; }{

I add those in global css file but then try to switch theme it always see this problem

What is the global css file? I didnt see one in the perspective theme folder

I mean this folder:
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes

Ah yea there are only the theme css files there unfortunatly there doesnt seem to be a globel default css file. Which would stay in effect regardless of the theme chosen.
Which would prevent the fout effect.

So you could like i did, use css injection for some of the default styles that both themes use, but its not ideal

1 Like