Symbol Factory availability in Maker?

I was wondering how I can add components (compressors, fans) with a custom look to my View. The Symbol Factory module is (currently) disabled for Maker, and I have no clue how to add custom SVGs (plus properties) to perspective. Are there any plans to make more symbols available for Maker?

Short answer: Yes, wait for 8.1 :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you can use an external tool like Inkscape to create SVGs for use in Perspective, but since that basically requires you to be familiar with graphics editing, it’s not a great solution.

1 Like

Ok, glad to hear that! I’ll wait for 8.1 then. What’s the due date for the beta / release of 8.1?

Pretty soon now. The nightlies are now labeled “8.1”.

I’ve just downloaded the nightly build of 8.1, which adds four new components to the Perspective designer. I was hoping for the Symbol Factory to be available as a module for the Maker edition in 8.1, but installing the module fails with a message that the module is not eligible for use with Maker.

Are there any plans to have the Symbol Factory module included in Maker?

It’s not symbol factory, but something similar. Can’t remember what it’s called…

Hmmm... must be something smart though right?

IA has not promised that everything they plan for v8.1 will actually show up in v8.1.0. You might have to wait for v8.1.25 a few years from now, like a certain code editor upgrade… :stuck_out_tongue:

One thing i will say, is that this is the only feature currently “released” in the 8.1 change logs (̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶)̶

*cough * go play with the latest 8.1 nightly *cough *

I wont spoil the fun, i’ll just recommend you go play with it for a bit

2 Likes

Don't take this as official word, but I believe there are licensing considerations that mean we can't do this.

But yes, as the 8.1 nightlies 'spilled the beans', check out Smart Symbols. And there's more coming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, I’ll check out the Smart Symbols, guess I’ll need to check the nightly builds for new features :slight_smile: