Symbol library

I am looking for a symbol library in Ignition. I found the component pallette, which has some very handy parts, but there seems to be a shortage of valves / pumps / fans / instruments etc. Am I just unable to find it, or is it more of a make-your-own-image?

There are several pumps / valve / motors ect… located in the Builtin image folder. And yes you can also create your own.

To find these… Go to the components pallette, click on DISPLAY tab , then use the image tool to draw an image location on your window or component. Then in the property editor just bind the ‘image path’ property to the image file in the builtin folder.

Hope this helps

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m looking for - thanks! Unfortunately my builtin directory appears to be corrupted or something… most of the images are broken, and the ones that aren’t are in the wrong subdir. I think I might reinstall Ignition and see if that helps.

My 7.1.1 installation is also full of broken images.
It might not be just you.

I have 7.1.1 installed and my images are fine. Did you upgrade or is this a new install??

I my case it was an upgrade from 7.1.0.
Other then noting that things were amiss I haven’t done anything about it.

Mine was a fresh install of 7.1.1 b5078 on Windows XP Pro. It’s my development machine, so it’s got Wonderware, Cimplicity, WinCC, RSLogix, etc., etc., so it may be some gremlins from one of those. I will try a fresh install on a fresh virtual machine and see what happens.

I also have corrupted images. Let me know if the reinstall worked, thanks…

This thread has moved to the Problems section:
http://www.inductiveautomation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5275