Synchronising graphics changes using file-copy app

v8.0.15

Perhaps I assumed wrongly, but with resources now being simply files in v8, I thought that I would be able to copy the files for new or updated resources created on one gateway onto another gateway and that they would show up for use / update in the other gateway (after saving/updating), however this doesn’t quite appear to be the case…
I’m seeing the resource in the designer, but when I try to open it I get errors, as below.
What else do I need to do? Where is TemplateInfo stored?

Also, what’s stored in the .resources folder? it’s just a whole bunch of files with hex names

com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateNotFoundException: TemplateInfo for template Receivals/Crushers/Dosing Status was null.
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateManager.getTemplateInfo(TemplateManager.java:304)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.model.TemplateManager.getTemplateInstance(TemplateManager.java:153)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.workspace.WindowWorkspace.openTemplate(WindowWorkspace.java:1875)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.model.navtree.TemplateNode.open(TemplateNode.java:125)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.model.AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.onDoubleClick(AbstractResourceNavTreeNode.java:339)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener.lambda$mousePressed$0(NavTreePanel.java:676)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v8.0.15 (b2020072213)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.6

.resources is just a cache - it’s not part of the actual resource system and can be safely ignored.

For the error - how are you copying the templates between projects? A resource is comprised of everything at the leaf folder - at minimum, a resource.json file. Vision resources still use Java serialization, so they’ll also have a data.bin. The path to that resource is also part of its structure - the first components of a resource’s path comprise it’s resource type - basically a tuple of (module, type). Any depth after the module/type hierarchy is the path of the resource.