system.net.sendEmail() Email Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message... Actual verdict is RefuseQuota,

Hi,

I am sending email with ignition using system.net.sendEmail(...) function. Everything was working fine until I created a loop that was sending multiple emails by mistake. Now I get the following error:

caused by com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:OutboundSpamException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message [BeginDiagnosticData]WASCL UserAction verdict is not None. Actual verdict is RefuseQuota, ShowTierUpgrade. OutboundSpamException: WASCL UserAction verdict is not None. Actual verdict is RefuseQuota, ShowTierUpgrade.[EndDiagnosticData] [Hostname=SJ2PR03MB7140.namprd03.prod.outlook.com]

I can still send an email with the address through Outlook. I tried to send an email with ignition using a fresh new address but I still have the same problem. Looks like the problem is related to ignition itself. What is the issue?

Thanks!

Outlook has blocked the incoming connection from your Ignition server (e.g. by hostname or other SMTP identifier), because it thinks you're a spammer.

You'll have to pursue with Microsoft. Good luck.

4 Likes

Hello, I am facing the same issue using alarm notification module. I am currently testing this using two outlook emails. First it was working, but after sending multiple notification emails, my alarm notification email to the on-call roster user is being identified as a spammer and emails are not sent to the user. I need to implement it on the company network having more security measures compared to a regular outlook email. How should I fix this issue to avoid missing alarms in real implementation?

Use OAuth.
And hope.

Thank you.